Protect yourself against Internet fraud!
The vast majority of ads are posted by legit & honest people. Thus you're highly assured of legit deals on our online platform. Despite this, it is important to follow a few common sense rules so as to prevent any attempt to be scammed.
- Only do business with people you can meet, trace or thru' referral.
- Never send money by Western Union, MoneyGram or other anonymous payment systems.
- Never send money or products abroad.
- Do not accept payments by cheque.
- Ask about the merchant you're dealing with other merchants confirming source name, address and telephone number.
- Keep copies of all correspondence (emails, ads, letters, etc.) and details of the merchant.
- If a deal seems too good to be true, there is a very high chance that this is a fraud. Refrain.
Recognize attempted scam
- The majority of scams have one or more of these characteristics:
- The merchant is abroad or traveling abroad.
- The merchant refuses to meet you in person or has no existing shop/store.
- Payment is made through Western Union, Money Gram or cheque.
- The messages are in broken language (English or Swahili or ...).
- The texts seem to be copied and pasted.
- The deal seems to be too good to be true.